Monday, August 13, 2012

Sweet Sayings

This is all from this weekend...August 11 and 12, 2012

Nathan was playing with his Noah's Ark wooden toy from Mimi and Granddaddy.  He has just now figured out how to construct it himself and then march the little animals inside.  I showed him one time how to build it and he got it!!  Well, after he was good on his own, building it and having the animals go in, I went to empty the dishwasher.  He called me in and said, "Mommy, your turn!"  So, I said, okay.  He disassembled his ark so that I could take a turn at building it back up.  He started putting it back together himself, though.  So, I just enjoyed it, watching him switch parts from his right hand to his left hand so he could place them in the right notch.  Then, after about 3 pieces, he looked up at me and said, "I forgot.  It's your turn."  It was PRECIOUS!  I told him that was okay and I liked watching him do it, or something to that effect.  So, he kept on building.  :)

The past couple of days he'll be looking out the window of the car and will say, "That's strange."  One time he was talking about a truck.  There was nothing strange about it.  The other occasions that he said it, I had no idea what he was talking about.  It must be something I say.  In the car, I guess.

We went to the mall after church on Sunday.  I wanted to go to a specific store, but had no idea where in the mall it was.  So, right after we walked in, we stopped at the directory board.  Looking over the map, I said to myself, "Now where are we?"  I was looking for the "Your are Here" star.  Nathan casually answered me, "We're at the mall!"  :)  Hahhaha!

Something else just hit my brain...these things didn't necessarily happen this weekend...just lately.  He likes to park in the shade.  And usually when we are walking back to our car he will comment on how we parked in the shade.  It's just funny to me.  Secondly, when we are walking in parking lots, he looks to find the train tracks.  These train tracks he refers to are the crossing lines painted on the asphalt.  You know the white slanted lines, contained in an outlined rectangle, for crosswalks?  He pretends they are train tracks and we commonly will say "choo choo," or "there's Brendam Docks," which is  a Thomas the Train reference.

That's all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment