Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sweet Sayings

I have collected quite a few sweet sayings from Little Bear the past few weeks.  These are pretty much from the past 2 weeks, I'd say.

Today, while staying with Miss Esther, Nathan sneezed three times in a row.  After the third time, he said, "That's annoying!"

This was a while ago, so there's a possibility I might have recorded it previously.  Just in case I didn't, I will share here.  When washing his hands, he almost knocked over the crystal vase and he said, "That wouldn't be good."

Nathan was taking out all of the batteries that were in a package of batteries.  He started counting them.  He made it through ten and then proceeded in a different scale...ending his count on "eleventeen."

We got a Hess firetruck at a garage sale.  He loves it.  It has buttons you can push and different sirens will sound.  One button only activates the lights, causing them to blink.  Nathan commented that the lights were blinking, "like eyes."  Isn't that so smart?!  Making the correlation between blinking eyes and blinking lights.  It just blows my mind!  Still playing with the fire engine truck, Nathan made some other entertaining observations.  On each side of the truck, Hess has placed it's logo, which is just it's name in green lettering.  Nathan pointed to each logo, or sign, as he referred to them, and "read" to me what the signs said.  He was so emphatic.  Nathan said, "Mommy, this one says, "water. hose."  And he said it just like it was puncutated with a period after each word.  The other signs he read to me were:
"Put. That. Fire. Out."
"Drive. the. Wheel."
"Climb. Up. That. Ladder."

Recently, Miss Esther and Nathan were playing and Nathan was singing one of his favorite songs, "Little Red Caboose."  He knows many of the words and it is so enjoyable to hear him strike up a tune anywhere, anytime.  Miss Esther told Nathan that he sings that song well.  His response?  "No, I don't.  I'm lame."

Miss Esther took Nathan to the countryside mall to ride the train.  While climbing into his seat, he told Miss Esther, "I'm gonna climb on board."  Then while riding the train, he commented to her, "This train really moves!"

While driving home one day, Nathan and I had a little conversation that went like this:
Nate:  Are you going fast?
Me:  Yes, I'm going fast.
Nate:  A police is going to chase you.
Me:  Why?
Nate:  Because you need tickets.
Me:  Why?  What do you know about tickets?
Nate:  Because you're going too fast.
What's interesting, though, is that I've learned that he thinks tickets are good.  Whenever we are playing and he is pretending to go fast, he'll say that he needs tickets.  I pretend to hand him some and he cheerfully says thank you. ;)

Another short, but sweet conversation:
Me:  You want some water, Nay Nay?
Nate:  Yes.  Of course.

When I ask him random questions and his answer is 'yes, I am,'  He says, "Yes I ma'am."

He says yes ma'am to everyone...regardless of whether the other person is a boy.  Just the other day, he was talking to Granddaddy on the phone and he was asking Nathan a lot of questions.  Nathan manner-fully answered, "yes ma'am," to many of them.

Again, we were driving one day and we had a little conversation: {It has been raining quite heavily and as a result, there were big puddles in the road.}
Me:  Look at the splashes those cars are making!
Nate:  You car go there.  {meaning, he wanted me to drive over there so that our car would make big splashes.}
Me:  You want to go there?
Nathan:  Yes.
Me:  Okay.  We turn onto the road, but the puddles were on the roadside opposite of ours.
Nathan:  Are we on the splash road?

Nathan came up to me to give me a big kiss.  After he grabbed my face and pulled my lips to his, he said, "That was a lovely kiss!"

A few times last week, Nathan helped me cook.  I let him pour in the flour, cheese, salt, pepper, and help me stir.  He got a hold of the pepper and was wanting to sprinkle some.  I warned him not to put any on the food without Mommy's help.  He thought for a brief second and then said, "Mommy, help me, please."

Last week, Fig Newtons were on sale.  Dave loves them and we haven't bought them in a while.  So, I got a couple of packages.  Dave wasn't home yet from golf and Nathan was getting hungrier by the minute while I was making dinner.  He grabbed the Fig Newtons and asked to have one.  I told him those were Daddy's, but that he might share with him when he gets home.  Dave called.  Nathan talked to him on the phone.  The first thing on his mind to talk to him about was those Fig Newtons.  He asked if he could have some?  If Dave would share with him.  Dave had no idea what he was talking about.  Nathan walked over to the counter, looked up at the package, {maybe even patted it, I can't remember totally} and said, "These right here.  Can I have some of these?"  He couldn't understand that Dave couldn't see them on the phone!!!!

Nathan was sitting closely with me.  We were talking ever so gently to each other.  Here is some of our conversation:
Nathan:  Do you like roaches?
Me:  No!
Nathan:  Do you like ladybugs?
Me:  Yes.
Nathan:  Do you like spiders?
Me:  No.  I do not like spiders.
Nathan:  They probably tickle.
While saying that last line, Nathan was nodding his head and tilting it, in his special little way.  And all the while, he was talking so gently.  So when he said that last line, he was almost like an adult trying to empathize with some one.  It was so cute.

Often, I will check the weather by sticking my head out the front door.  Lately, it's been overcast and I have a hankering for some fall crispiness.  So, I've been checking to see if the overcast weather has brought a slight chill.  {it hasn't!}  Anyway, I told Nathan one time that I was going to check the weather.  I commented that it was a beautiful day.  So, a few days later, I got up to go into the kitchen.  He must've thought that I was headed to the front door.  He says, "Are you going to check the wedder?  It's a beautiful day for the wedder?"  Sooo sweet!!!

Nathan finished playing trains and asked me this:  "Mommy, I want to watch DVD...is that a good plan, Mommy?"  So innocent and sweet and impressionable.  I always say, "does that sound like a good plan?  Or, that's a good plan."  :)

Here are some pictures from a visit we made to the Seminole City Park to feed the ducks.  This is one of my all time favorite things to do with Nathan.  This day, he really enjoyed collecting sticks and throwing them into the water.  I have so many more pics to post, but these are all I have today.  I'll work on the rest from this little outing soon and post.







No comments:

Post a Comment